um... amazing! so ben and i decided for his graduation present (and mine too... cause i have been working hard too!) that we were going to get road bikes. real ones. that are nice. we have wanted them for a long time but we are just to practical for our own good sometimes. but we hard earned it and are so excited to also have a fun activity/sport that we can do together. we have lots of plans for them.
where is bens you ask? well he is still looking for one. we found this lovely little lady on KSL, my fav place for amazing deals. this dude bought this for his wife last summer, she rode it down the driveway once, decided she was scared of it and never road it again. so it is brand new. the deal was great, and this is seriously the exact bike i had been looking at in the store the day before and wishing that i could afford it, but it was totally out of my price range. but not thanks to KSL, it was right in my price range. so it is way nicer than we could afford new and it is even cute too. sigh.
we did have absolutely jump in the car and drive up to draper at 10:00 at night though racing another person to get their first so we could buy it. we beat them though, even on our empty tank of gas. i don't know if ben and i could ever be on the amazing race together, emotions start running high. but it was worth it.
the same guy was also selling ben's dream bike, but it sold before we got there. seriously this couple was like our twins, in road bike choice and size that is. WE certainetly don't live in a mansion in draper or have money to blow on hobbies we later decided we just aren't into. but THANK YOU!
we are scouring KSL for a bike for ben, hopefully we will find one very soon.
it's gonna be a good summer.
9 comments:
congrats!!
YAY! I love KSL too! If you can't find one check out Taylor's Bike Shop. My family owns it. Tell them you are my friend and maybe they can hook you up with a good deal!
that bike makes me want to want to road bike.
I'm just gonna say, "That's great!" and pretend like I am not jealous....
Hey cute girl! This is Clair(steininger:)! Your blog is so cute. I saw it on Corine's blog and had to see how you are doing! My blog is www.hamakerlove.blogspot.com.
Very cool guys. I like the idea of cycling- just have never bought the spandex or the bike. You will have to let me know how you and Ben like them.
lets go riding:) ila
Holley, I was checking out your blog! Congrats on the bike! You deserve it! That is sooooo awesome. Hopefully you use your bike more than JoSue. I think she rode it twice! (I guess she has an excuse) Well, Ben in the meantime can ride your old sweet bike, another KSL find if I remember right!
oh don't listen to Clark. He's still upset at my lack of riding. My big question is...what size is it??
Looks awesome though! I love that you drove your heart out late at night for it. Awesome. Hopefully some fun bike races will be coming up!!
Post a Comment