When I am craving a sweet treat, I always end up searching high and low for what I want. Something warm and gooey, chocolatey, a baked good of sorts. This usually just results in us driving past several different places, not wanting any of it and going home dissapointed and eating a bowl of cereal. I kid you not. I will either go through the drive though or go in and look at a menu of like 5 different places, only to decided I don't want any of it. Then we proceed to the next place. When it gets really bad, we will also be seen roaming the bakery section of the grocery store and let me tell you it is real slim/sad pickins after 10pm. Ben is the best/and nicest sport ever though. Because where I would probably get really sick of me being so hard to please, he is totally fine and just asks where the next place I would like to go is. At first I think that really embarrassed him, to go in to a restaurant and then look around and decided we didn't want it and to leave. But he has long gotten over that. I am turning into a food snob. Eek! I just refuse to pay money for lame things I could make at home without even trying. But Ben always continues to be the sweetest and super patient because he knows in the end, wherever we end up getting something, they are sure to offer a giant ice cream shake. And that is the key to his heart.
Why are there like a million ice cream places but only sit-down restaurants have warm, drippy, gooey, delicious desserts? Well, I saw this place a long time ago and ever since have been looking for an excuse to go there.
The Chocolate. Sounded right up my alley.

Keith and Lyndzy took a trip over with us and I loved it! We all got something different so we could try more things and they were all really good! It is a house converted into a little dessert cafe so there are all these rooms upstairs and down that are super cute and you can go eat wherever you want. The perfect little place for dates, friends, etc. And every table had aborable fresh flowers on them. So cute.

Provo has needed a place like this for a long time. Next time I am craving a sweet indulgence, I won't have to look any further. :)
So you should go there, cause I love little local places like that and they need your support. So take one for the team and go have some cake.
5 comments:
That sounds like an adorable place! I totally want to try it next time we're in P-town. Thanks for sharing.
Wow...thank you so much for the review!! And thank you for the support... Please say hi next time you are in the cafe, we'd love to meet you.
Craig Christiansen
The Chocolate
P.S. I really hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, every once in a while I do searches on how often we are mentioned on blogs and websites. I rarely comment, but because you really understood and appreciated our concept, I just had to thank you.
I drove by that place a few weeks ago when I was up there and I've been wanting to go ever since! I'm glad to hear that it is yummy!
This place looks delicious and cool. We'll have to try it sometime.
Where's it located in Provo? I love that they use a cute old house for it! We'll have to go in August when we are out that way for the wedding!
Post a Comment