Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How was your night?

8:30 I am sleepy, can't wait to go to bed early and hopefully start getting my sleeping schedule back on track
9:00 Take a shower
9:30 Falling asleep reading and looking forward to getting a lovely 9 restful hours of sleep
9:45-10:00 Fall asleep somewhere in there (doesn't it sound so cozy so far?)
11:00 Ben comes home and wakes me up
11:20 Ben wakes me up again after getting ready for bed (I love him, but not so much at this moment)
12:15 Wake up to Ben sticking pens in the vents of the swamp cooler in the window as he trys to get it to stop making this horrible sound it recently started to make. You can NOT sleep through this sound. (i will just refer to the swamp cooler as the monster from here on out)
1:00 Wake up because I am SOOO hot and look over to see Ben turned the monster off completely. This does not make me happy. Ever so sweetly wake him up to turn it back on. (not so sweetly acutally, and i am not a total bum, but the monster is on his side of the bed, plus HE turned it off)
1:00-1:30 Rolling around, tossing and turning trying to get comfortable and cool off while listening to the monster louding rumbling in the corner.
1:45 More tossing, maybe I actually fell asleep for like 5 mins in there.
2:00 Wake up AGAIN, now I am hungry AND cranky. After using the bathroom I look at the clock to see how much longer this hideous night will last thinking, "I only have a couple more hours before it is time to get up. I can make it... I can make it." Look at the clock to see it is only 2AM! Discusted. So upset. Grab my pillow and march downstairs to crank up the AC (which only cools the bottom floor) and find ANYWHERE to sleep. After some rearranging I find a makeshift place to sleep in the dark and lay there trying not to keep myself awake further by being frusterated about this whole situation.
2:15 Ben comes downstairs trying to figure out where I went.
2:20 Ben pulls together his own makeshift bed on the floor next to me.
2:30 Why am I even thinking about this, but I call over to Ben to make sure he remembered to grab his phone from upstairs so he will have his alarm. (he is supposed to wake up early)
3:15-3:30 Finally fall asleep around this time. Though I do wake up periodically to flop around, trying to be comfortable.
5:45 Ben's alarm goes off. Listen to him clomp around the main floor getting ready to leave for his bike ride for about 10 mins. Finally mumble through the door for him to just take everything he needs to get ready and "Go outside!" Clomping around continues for about 15 more mins. If you can imagine what cycling shoes sound like on hard wood floors, you can appriciate what that sounded like.
6:00 Flop around in bed pleading with my mind to please fall asleep for the last 45 mins I have before MY alarm goes off.
6:45 Alarm.


(this is how i picture the monster. also just about how i felt this morning.)

Upsetting. 9 hours of amazing, needed sleep? Try maybe 4 hours of horrible, make you cranky sleep and I have bags under my eyes. I think this is what mothers feel like. Except of sleeping in the same room as a monster they have a cute little baby that wakes them up. Either way, I don't have a cute little baby, and I have to go to work all day. Booooooooo.

4 comments:

Lauralee Altice said...

I'm sorry! That is no fun at all! My husband seems to always do that too. I'll be in bed asleep for an hour or more and he comes in and decides he wants to talk to me about his day. I'm like hello, I'm sleeping, why couldn't you have talked to me about this when I was awake!
Hopefully the swamp cooler monster quits making that sound so you can get better sleep!

Katie said...

Just wait until you have two little monsters and they have stomach flu at the same time and you are pregnant, AND your husband isn't really being helpful. This equals: you being very tired, vomit everywhere from kids and YOU because you just can't handle the smell, and you wanted to strangle your husband. It makes for a very long, very stinky, very terrible night. But you survive it, because you have no other choice! :)
I too hope that your swamp cooler stops making terrible noises and starts working for you better. I hate distracting noises like that when you are just trying to sleep!

Darren said...

Did you try hitting it with a hammer?

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

ps, the monster was replaced the next day. thank you ksl.