Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cache Valley Triathlon

I have been wanting to do a Triathlon all summer but it took a while to find one that would fit in our random schedule with school and everything. The night before we had a little bike drama for Ben. He ended up having to use a mountain bike instead of his road bike. He is such a tropper. I don't know how I keep talking him into these things.

So yesterday morning we packed up the car and headed up to Logan at 5:30am though for the Cache Valley Sprint Triathlon. It was a beautiful day and everything went really smoothly. The triathlon consisted of a 500 meter swim, 13.1 mile bike, and then a 3.1 mile run. I can honestly say that I enjoyed each stage along the way.

I don't know why, but I think the whole body marking thing is pretty funny. Putting it on each shoulder and both of your calves as well as wearing a bib number? Now having done one I can see that this is necessary, so we had to get some pictures of our body marking.




After we finished the race. It was a staggered start so Ben and I only saw each other twice on the course. In passing once on the bike and once again on the run at the end. It was fun to see and cheer for eachother along the way. After having a nice picnic in the park and retelling the details to eachother, we set off back to Provo. We were feeling pretty rugged.

6 comments:

Hallie said...

congratulations! glad you got to do one. Next summer I am def doing a triath.

roxanne said...

Good job! You have totally turned hardcore. I'm glad Ben does all this with you; I bet it is way more fun that way.

Katie said...

You are looking way buff! Good for you! I've got my goal set for a 1/2 marathon next summer. Baby will be 10 months, so hopefully it will all work out!

ash said...

Cheers to number 89 and 117!

JoSue said...

You guys are legit! I love it!! It sounds like you had a ton of fun. If I wasn't practically drowning everytime I got in a pool, I'd think about a triathlon. Maybe a biathlon is more my thing. Congrats on finishing though. And seriously, the bike is just awesome.

Chap said...

Impressive! Let's see can we have the numbers in "biker tatoos". I'm proud of you guys.