We were going to kick it off with a camping trip with friends, but with the looming thunderstorm, we ended up having a fire and eating our foil dinners etc in our backyard. We did the whole smores, scary stores and everything. It was just pretty great that after the end of it all we got to crawl in our beds. :)
Then we checked out the rope swings in Mona. Ben was definelty braver than me and took it to more of an extreme. There was a point he almost got tangled up in the rope, my heart can't take that kind of stress. He assures me he knew exactly what he was doing though, no risk involved. We had a good time though.
I ran the 10K Freedom Run with some friends, JoSue and Crystal. I think that will have to be a new tradition.
This year for the parade we had amazing seats thanks to Clark staking us out a spot crazy early in the morning. Ben's brother Jess, and his wife Ashley came down and we got to meet baby Oliver. I think he loved the parade.
We hit our usually spot for the fireworks on the grassy fields below the temple. We played frisbee and burned some holes in things with some sparklers, so it felt like the 4th.
The 4th is really my favorite holiday in Provo. I love all the community events that they have and how everyone is out and about having bbq's and visiting. We played lots of badmiton, bbq, laughing and forgetting about real life. It was a great weekend.
4 comments:
where is mona I totally want to own that swing!
That is a killer rope swing picture. The fourth is a great holiday. Just lots of happiness and festivities. No sparklers out here in NY though; it is illegal to buy or sell fireworks in this state, so we have to go to the big shows. But around here it is a big deal and you could probably go to a show every night for a week. I love it!
That swing pic looks like a stock photo...perfect. I'll agree with you that Provo is a great place for the 4th. Goodtimes.
Love it all, love it all! What a fun weekend and a great last 4th of July in Provo. Thanks for putting up with us. Maybe I'll have to fly to wherever you are at for the 4th and we can run a race together. :) I have a video of us running if you want to post that on your blog...
Post a Comment