This last Saturday I ran the Logan Marathon again and had a great race! I know if you aren't in to running/marathons it is hard to imagine how someone could enjoy this... but I really do. I even went online today to pick out my next race, hoping to find 1 more I could get in before this year ends... and was bummed when I realized there isn't anything around here that time of year. Unless I travel somewhere... but with our "pending" status on life right now, which will be address in later posts, I am unable to really plan/commit to anything too far in the future. But anyways! I loved it and can't wait till the next one!
I felt great and finished in 4:07. I got faster each mile and finished my last 6 miles faster than all my other miles. I wished I had of pushed more at the beginning so I could have come in under 4 hours, but that will be my goal for next time. I know I totally could have done it but you never know how you will feel at the end so you don't want to use up all the energy too early on. I ran this same race last year, that was my first marathon as you can read here - and I knocked an hour off that time, and the Provo Marathon I ran here 3 months ago - I knocked a half hour off that time. So I am really happy with that time.
So due to making good time I only saw Ben once during the race. He planned to meet me about mile 13ish for the first time and then again around 20 and then at the finish. But I didn't see him until about 16/17ish miles and then that was it. He got confused where he was on the course, mixed with me passing by about 30 mins earlier than I planned. After I crossed the finish line I was looking all over for him and after chatting with a friend and getting some food for about 25 mins, I called him on the phone only to find that he was still back at mile 23 waiting for me! Oh man, that was pretty funny. So there isn't an amazing photo of me crossing the finish line but we did take some later after we got back to the car.
Burgers and fries just sounds good after a race and Ben is always eager to obliged. He works hard too. Someone has to drive, drop me off, pick me up, be the photographer, and support aid along the race. :)
So that is marathon #3, thank you Logan!
5 comments:
oh my gosh. How do you possibly feel like burgers and fries afterwards!!!? So funny. Give the body what it wants I guess! :) Way to go Holley. Maybe one day I'll get into shape again but for now I'm going to enjoy my Root Beer Float in front of me. You're my hero.
Poor Ben at mile 23. I had a good laugh about that.
nice job holley! 4 hrs that is amazing! You make me want to run another one. Maybe I'll do this one next year.
congrats. You had a great time. I'm proud of you. I don't think I will be going down that trail anytime soon. Well done. Vance
You are incredible!
Way to go Holley, I still think back to good old Rexburg days and can't imagine you running! You are awesome!
Post a Comment