I am on the other side of it. It kinda doesn't feel real. Like I really ran 26.2 miles. That is crazy.
The night before we drove down to Logan and stayed in a fabulous smokey room at the Motel 8. Yes, this was the only room left I could find in Logan because everything else was booked. But we came down and hit up all the pre-race stuff, going to the race expo, picking up my race packet, getting free stuff... you know. So this is me the night before, trying on my race shirt and getting ready for the morning.
(What you can't see in this picuture is Ben opposite me lounging on the bed eating Wendy's watching cable. Don't forget, we don't have tv so this was a big deal. But I had to dance around in front of the tv a while to get him to finally take a picture of me.)
At about mile 23.
Right after the finish with my hefty medal.
So glad I did this. It is challenging no doubt but I would do it again. You kinda bounce around through everything throughout the race. Lots of different emotions and working through different physical demands and challenges with your body.
People told me before, to realize that it was going to hurt no matter what and now I know what they meant. No matter what shape you are in it is just hard on your body. Hey, if it was easy everybody could do it right?
Last but not least, a picture with my amazing cheerleader. I seriously couldn't have done it without Ben. Who would have been my bodyguard on early morning runs in the dark? Who would have driven me to and from Logan while I took naps in the car so I could get as much rest as possible before the race? Who would have brought me more ibuprofen and extra water at mile 20? Who would have reinacted Rocky IV to me during miles 21-23? Who would have ran the last 6 miles with me? And even now that it is over, who would carry me up the stairs to our room because my legs were stiff? And who would push me around on the cart at Macy's grocery shopping so I didn't have to walk around so much? He IS the best.
13 comments:
Holley, what a run! I am proud of you. It feels good to run the marathon. It is more a personal accomplishment. I hope your legs are feeling better. Take it easy. Again, great run and way to go Ben for being there for her.
Way to go Holley! That's definitely an achievement! The day after my marathon, my feet were so blistered that I could barely walk. Hehe. Good memories. :)
Hey girl!! CONGRATS!!! Im super proud of you for setting the goal and DOING it! Awesome!!!
Major, Major Props.
Hey girl!! CONGRATS!!! Im super proud of you for setting the goal and DOING it! Awesome!!!
Major, Major Props.
Luckily I didn't get any blisters, crazy huh! No muscle cramping or blisters, OR bathroom breaks!
Sorry if that was TMI for some of you, but if you run you can appriciate that comment. :)
GIRL!!!! You are totally amazing to me. i love that you are so hardcore. Miss you. i need to come visit.
Congratulations Holley! Doesn't it feel GREAT!? Good for you. As soon as the soreness wears off you'll probably be plotting the next one. Good job.---Dicous
Holley- congrats! For real- you are an inspiration! I really want to do the SLC 2010 marathon before we move away. I'm interested in knowing what your training plan was.
Ok I think I just shed a tear with all the love going out to Ben! What a great husband!! Holley.....I'm so impressed. I never doubted but I'm just impressed. You are AWESOME. Congrats on the marathon. Considering the distance, you look pretty dang good at the end! Miss you guys!!
Cut my hair...I cried all weekend about it. Please come and fix it?
All I have to say is...you are my hero!!
All I have to say is...you are my hero!!
I don't want to admit this. But even after talking to you I STILL didn't know why the junk it was called "top of utah marathon." Like all I thought about were mountains. NOW I know. Logan is in the northernmost part of Utah, so if Utah was like a map on a wall, it would be the top part. cool. glad I could work this out on a comment. YOU ARE THE COOLEST PERSON I KNOW.
26.2 miles, that IS crazy and amazing. Wahoo! I can see Ben doing Rocky right now. Give my best to your healing knees.
Post a Comment