Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday

So for my birthday on Christmas Eve this year, it was great. Ben took my out for a delicious breakfast, and then antique shopping. It was fun to check out some local shops in Provo and SLC that I have been wanting to go to. My fav by far though was the AMAZING antique jewelry shop we went to, and that I got to pick something out at! Loved that. It was hard to choose, between the gold opal ring from the 1920's that I got (pictured below) and an amazing art deco necklace also from the 1920's. The ring just looked too good though, and I love it. Thanks Babe!





I also got together with these amazing girls at Happy Sumo. Love you guys, I don't see you enough!






We spend the rest of the night with my family doing Christmas Eve celebrations, singing, snacking, and going to Mid-Night Mass up in SLC to see Tyler perform. It was a great birthday, besides the fact I am a grandma now. I actually felt old for the first time the other week, on two different occasions. Sometimes I just don't realize I am friends with people that are 19 and 20. I always just think people are my age. Why are people born in the 90's!?!

3 comments:

Aimee Smith said...

Don't worry... one of my second graders asked me what year I was born, and when I said 1985 they looked completly shocked! Then one of them said "Wait... you were born in the NINETEENS!?!" being old sucks!

Brooke said...

What a cute birthday present! Antique jewelry, that's creative. I'm glad your birthday was so fun.

Kate said...

I like when i can steal pictures from your blog.

LOVE YOU!