We started the morning off with our traditional hike of Squaw Peak. Dad was in a good story telling mood, so we got to hear fun stories from when he was young and tell us about when each of the kids was born.
Hosting with all the more people was a little more stressful than prior years. I totally felt like a mom, in the kitchen the whole time. My Mom loved it though, she didn't know what to do with herself, she loved not being in charge. She deserves it though, she has been the one doing it for years! I love to cook though, so I was fun. We tried out some fun new recipies this year with Sourdough Apple Stuffing, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, and Sweet Potatoe Pie. I have never had sweet potato pie before but it was a hit. Darren even said it was his favorite... aww... thanks!
After dinner Dad decided that it was "Ask Mom Questions" time, so we all preceeded to get her to admit who was her favorite child, cutest etc. We almost tricked out of her what we each wanted to hear, almost. We are loving having more family around and getting to spend time with them all.
2 comments:
great photos of your cute family and yummy pies. It sounds like it was a fun and informative (about your mom and dad) thanksgiving!
love you both,
Christine
I want thanksgiving to be tomorrow! And I'd come to your house.
Post a Comment