oh man... the amount of amazing recipies and healthy lifestyle changes i fill my mind with while surfing the web at work. but i just don't have the time to make or cook.
-like try being a vegetarian
-like only eat organic produce
-like try going "raw"
-like make him eat green smoothies every morning for breakfast
-like making a compost pile in our backyard
-like using every in of yard space to grow veggies
-like cut out all artificial sweetners
-like sproat foods
-like fill my cupboards with spelt, kamut, bulgur wheat, millet, quinoa, sorghum, etc
-like bake my own amazing bread all the time instead of buying it
-like cook really healthy things BURSTING with optimal nutrition, that looks delicious to me but would probably make him die
-like make sure EVERY day he has his servings of fruits and veggies and works out cause lets face it, if we keep going this way i am going to totally out live him... and i don't want to be lonely! (oh, and he totally would work out everyday, but the man is busy, i will give him that)
just imagine how my heart sinks when i see the pop tarts and vending machine wrappers in his book bag, because that is all he has time to grab sometimes.
he should just be counting his lucky stars... for now that is. the clock is ticking, this 50+hour a week working girl + wife + homemaker + exercise enthusiast who is constantly going, will not be doing this too much longer. then let my crazy healthy spree begin.
oh, and we are not even TOUCHING the craftiness in store. that is a whole other topic.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I remember a Holley who said, and I quote, "I think being vegetarian is against the Word of Wisdom." My, how things have changed.
And get a bread maker.
I know, it is true. I still feel that way deep down inside. But I would be interested to TRY it for a little while and feel the difference in my body and if I crave it etc. Then that could possibly just lead to cutting way back on meat. Who knows... experiments.
I agree, a bread maker would be amazing. I am trying to talk my Mom out of hers.
Oh my gosh. I seriously hate to be the 'food nazi' but I have to know everything Clark ate at the end of the day so I can coach him through his food choices! Because I totally agree with the outliving comment. Let's at least try to even it out a bit.
But the Pop Tarts for sure have to go! :) Tell him to go for a granola bar next time. Vending machines...don't get me started. Hey do you watch the Biggest Loser??
I'm always telling Kelly I'm going to outlive him. I think he alternates between McDonald's and Jack in the Box for his dinners, judging by the receipts he leaves on the counter. And we do have a backyard compost pile but, since we aren't growing veggies or anything yet, I'm not sure what its purpose is right now.
Ben makes the most amazing cheese, egg and triple hot dog sandwich you have ever tasted. Scout's honor. Ask him to make it for you sometime- it will blow your mind.
I'm so confused.
Are you telling me you don't let Ben have Pop Tarts? Let the boy have them.
Post a Comment