So here are a couple of my fav's for men and to use on my clients.

American Crew has great styling products for men. I like all the different versions of their pomades and waxes they carry, as a few are shown in the picture. My all around fav is the "Forming Cream" that comes with a green top. Hold + Shine and smells nice and manly. It's perfect. They are all good though, try one for whatever type of look you are going for. Harder hold, softer hold, shine, no shine... they have something for everyone.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner. Pictured is their newer version of lavender and mint which smells great. It also comes in the original scent of just regular tea tree which smells pepperminty. It gives a great tingly feeling I would liken unto an altoid for your head. The best thing about this shampoo is that tea tree balances out the natural oils on your scalp. If it is too oily it will help correct that. Likewise if it is too dry it will add in more moisture. It helps create a nice homeostasis on your scalp. So if you struggle with those annoying dry skin flakes there are no more excuses.
Ladies you can use this too. My Mom acutally started using this and doesn't have dry flakies anymore either! Just be sure not to use it if you have color treated hair, it will cause it to fade faster. And that would be no good.

Difi d:struct Pliable Molding Cream. Another good styling cream out there. Really the best thing about this is that it smells great. We are all guilty of sometimes just buying whatever shampoo we think smells the best right? Well this would be the equivelent in the styling bracket.

Paul Mitchell Spray Wax. Now I am not super partial to Paul Mitchell brand on this. There are lots of other good kinds out there. I can just only vouch for Paul Mitchell and the Bed Head brand. This would be something you use once your hair is completely dry. Spray generously and then styly as desired. It will give a more structured hold, or if more used will create more of a "dirty" look.

I know I mentioned this product already for girls but it is great for guys too. Ben started using this sneakily from me a long time ago. Still good for all the same reasons. More of a flexible hold for men, but still gives some good hold that doesn't get too hard.
And that's a wrap! If you have a question let me know. Can't promise I have tried everything but I could at least point you in the right direction.
Be nice to your hair and it will be nice to you!
6 comments:
I love dudes that wear product!
i love your new wallpaper!
Hmmm, totally curious about the new tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner! Where would be the cheapest place to get 'em?
you could pick them up at any salon that carries paul mitchell products. prices will be pretty much the same where ever you go.
I love that tea tree oil shampoo, and that's a perfect description for it, "an altoid for your head." Here's a hair cut question since you mentioned that people don't get their hair trimmed enough in another post: how often should one get a trim?
So there was a young married woman giving a hair cutting demo at our stake rs day and all the while I was thinking how fun it would have been if that had been you doing the demo!
Post a Comment