Wednesday, July 02, 2008

not okay

Today I saw a girl wearing this shirt...


I didn't like it. Not that I am opposed to virginity, but I hate when people broadcast their beliefs through things like that. I feel like they assume everyone else around them disagrees with them and needs to be converted to their way of thought. Hey, I am with you sister, lets all just calm down. But do you really need to wear that hideous shirt?

After further investigation as to where such a thing would come from, I found that this was just the tip of the iceberg.

I mean some of them are pretty good, like "I'd rather be prude than have genital warts." I can agree with that.

Or, "Every porno has somebodys daughter in it." That IS a fact.

These next ones are just something else though. I mean, check out this artwork. Is that needle really necessary?





This one upsets me...


"Because Christ died for our sin, we all are responsible for his death. In a sense we Crucify Christ daily as we sin in our thoughts and actions. People sometimes debate over who killed Jesus but the answer is very clear from scripture: I Did!"
Yikes! That's a damper on your day.

As a side note, I would just like to say how much I love the internet. The fact that I can type in "virginity rocks" and get exactly what I am looking for is pretty amazing. I think most days I take it for granted, but oh no... not today.

5 comments:

roxanne said...

Wow, you're right. Yikes! Those last ones are pretty intense. This is, as you said, preaching truth, but it kind of reminds me of those homeboy shirts that were popular for awhile. You know, "Jesus is my homeboy" and "Mary is my homegirl"... I get why people think they are funny, but they are kind of offensive really.

ash said...

Um, what the? I agree with you on your comments, such crazy/ugly/over-the-top t-shirts. And the website, doubly lame.

Hallie said...

I love when you say "not okay" and I also love when you post stuff about fashion. Like the denium shorts post. that was good.

naomi said...

wow, that stresses me out. by the way, i think i saw you in a Kronos meeting this morning in the HBLL? haha (this is Naomi Win by the way)

Jess said...

Tell Ben to stop wearing those kinds of shirts.