Monday, November 27, 2006

You Choose Your Friends Not Your Family

This might sound harsh but lets be honest and don't get me wrong, I love them.

If Thanksgiving hadn't been so taxing, I wouldn't have to just come out and say it. But sometimes I just get these crazy ideas in my head.

If you stop and think about it, you didn't acutally choose them. I mean... ya ya, we chose eachother but you know what I mean. Isn't it okay sometimes to just admit that you are really different and be okay with that? Find a common ground and not force a close relationship that may or may not be possible? Lets all be honest with eachother. I mean I have a big family so its not like I am writing off my only sibling or anything. There are a lot of us in my family and we are all really different.

I know I am evil for thinking this, but its just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no, you are not evil. someone said this to me today and it made a lot of sense: you have to love your family but you don't have to like them. you shouldn't try to force a relationship that isn't going to happen. sometimes that can cause more stress.